понедельник, 11 мая 2009 г.

About my long-suffering toe

Last December I hurt the fourth toe on my right foot due to a bicycle accident - it struck the ground while I was trying to stop the bike abruptly. It was nothing too serious, but the swelling didn't go away for about a week, although the doc had assured me prior to that that the toe would be fine in two days. He even lectured me over a high-precision X-ray shot of my right foot on which I could see every tiny bone in minute detail - and make it clear for myself that the bone was not hurt, not even displaced. That the swelling was largely due to the damage to the surrounding tissue.

Months have passed since and I have almost forgotten about the accident. And a football match misstep made me remember the whole shit from the beginning. I lifted my leg high in the air and somehow managed to land it badly. There was a sharp feeling in the toe and the first thing that came to me was "not again, the fucking toe!" I played on, though, for an hour and a half. At home I was not very surprised to find the toe swollen. I know it's nothing too serious and not worth spending another 3000 yen on a visit to the doc, but still it struck me out of my inner balance.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий