воскресенье, 14 июня 2009 г.

Football

Now that the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League seasons are over, as are those of other major European football leagues which I used to watch, watching football has given way to playing it once in a week. Last Saturday I was late for our weekly match at 9 in the morning - I suffered from most terrible insomnia the night before - but still played for 3 full hours, scored an unlikely goal, and injured my ankle. The injury was not serious, the goal was reassuring, and the day of football was exhausting and exhilarating in equal measures. I felt so good during the match that I spent these three hours running, chasing the ball and opponent players now and then, despite the increasing heat of the June sun over our sweaty heads.

Today we had another meeting with friends, and I proposed playing twice a week. The proposal was met enthusiastically by most, so we decided to play on Wednesday morning. I am looking very much forward to this day and will report on my own performance after the match.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий